Support student GHG - #1119714
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
The section Environmental Technologies GHG, located in Hamburg, is part DNV’s efforts to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. As accredited body and authorized organization, the section governs the compliance services EU-MRV, UK-MRV, IMO-DCS and is preparing for the growing regulatory framework around emissions verification in the shipping industry, including FuelEU. The section consists of 8 employees.
There are significant learning opportunities for the selected candidate as the role involves deep knowledge of the regulatory framework and working with DNV’s experts in emissions certification.
Your role is to
- Gain knowledge about the relevant regulatory framework and educate other team members
- Support the section’s tasks around governing the emissions certification services
What we offer
- Ability to work in a great international company
- Possibility to develop your skills and improve them
- Being a part of a great team
- At least bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, environmental studies, ship operation engineering, shipbuilding or related studies.
- Able to work in DNV’s office in Hamburg at least 3 days per week, ideally all 5 days per week.
- Familiar with the current MS office package
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Availability for min 30 working hours per week
- Communicative, sociable person
- High energy level to move things forward
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture, and we invite you to be part of this diversity.