Junior Tax Counsel - #1119669
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About GSS
As the internal support organization for DNV and DNV owned companies, we deliver shared services within Human Resources, Finance, IT and Real Estate & Procurement to DNV globally. Our mission is to enable DNV to grow, succeed with its business goals and improve competitiveness. Customer experience is at the core of everything we do. GSS is responsible for many of the tools, processes and daily routines that create the backbone of DNV
About the role
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Tax Department CE is in charge of full tax compliance service and responsibility for German and Austrian DNV companies. In a corporation with a DNV tax network, the responsibility also means filing transfer pricing documentation and participating in national and international tax audits. As part of the annual closing process, the responsibility lies in filing tax-based data like tax provisions/receivables and differing tax positions. Be part as well of a project tax screening (PTS) process to ensure compliance requirements, working together with different DNV business areas in the region Central Europe.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support, and review (external) preparation of annual corporate income tax returns/ trade tax returns/ VAT returns.
- Analysis and assessment of all tax-relevant aspects in the relevant group of companies, incl. international tax law (DTAs, Transfer Pricing, etc.).
- Support with the monthly, and quarterly corporate income tax reporting performed as well as with the annual closing requirements under IFRS and local GAAP (HGB); in particular, prepare and review the calculation of the current and deferred tax positions.
- Review and advise on the tax impact and considerations of our project to simplify or optimize our global legal entity structure.
- Monitor and review (cross-border) proposals and contracts on their tax merits, and align with the Group Tax department if necessary.
- Respond to ad hoc and project-related questions in support of Business Area operational projects.
- Closely monitor changes to tax legislation across the region and advise impact on DNV’s business within the region and implementation of changes as a result of new tax legislation.
- Support with identifying opportunities to optimize DNV’s tax positions in the relevant region, mitigate tax risks, and generate process improvements.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Tax Authorities.
- Support tax inspections/ tax audits initiated by tax authorities (including payroll tax audits).
What we offer
What we offer
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support each other
- Open and trusting communication with your management
- Flexible working time including working from home
- Attractive compensation including a bonus scheme
- Employer-funded company pension
- 30 days annual vacation
- Public transport subsidy (HVV-Ticket)
- International working environment
- Company and social events
- An excellent place to work in HafenCity in a new office environment
- Sickness supplement for up to 12 months
- Canteen with excellent reputation and subsidized meals
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
- Preferable fully qualified German Tax Advisor (Steuerberater/in); candidates with other Tax degrees and relevant working experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant working experience (prior Big 4 experience or international business environment will be advantageous).
- Proficient knowledge of international tax aspects and German tax group principles ("Organschaft").
- Demonstrable commercial understanding.
- Experience with industries such as maritime, oil & gas, energy, business assurance and/or software is advantageous.
- Professional proficiency in both German and English, and ideally further language skills.
- Result-oriented, good organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel).
- System knowledge of Oracle will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.