research assistant / PhD Student (m,f,x) in 2D electronics research for 3 years (39,83 hours per week, TV-L E 13) - #1119528
Ruhr Universität Bochum
The Chair of Chair of Microsystems Technology at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology is looking for a
research assistant / PhD Student (m,f,x) for 3 years with 39,83 hours per week, TV-L E13
The Chair for Microsystems Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, explores, besides innovative microactuators and microsensors, novel nanoelectronic devices based on 2D materials as well as on the development of a disruptive 2D technology pointing beyond the integration of individual 2D layers into existing Si technologies. The technological implementation is performed in a 700 m2 cleanroom facility equipped with state-of-the-art thin film technology. Our research projects include the search for new concepts, the simulation and design of microsystems and devices based on 2D materials for numerous applications as well as their realization and characterization. The research is performed by a cooperative, interdisciplinary team of excellent scientists and highly skilled clean room specialists. The cleanroom is part of the ForLab consortium (forlab.tech) as a Germany-wide research network.
For more details, please visit www.mst.ruhr-uni-bochum.de.
This employment provides the opportunity to derive a doctoral degree.
beginning: as soon as possible
application deadline: 11.03.2024
- development of innovative 2D technology processes with comprehensive accompanying characterization
- concept approval and design of 2D material-based microelectronics
- realization of functional devices based on state-of-the-art wafer-level ALD and ALE process sequences
- measurement and characterization of realized samples
- responsibility for state-of-the-art thin film equipment
- cooperation with internal as well as external project partners
- preparation and presentation of reports, presentations, and journal articles
- excellent Master / Diploma degree in physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, materials science y or corresponding fields, preferentially with skills in microelectronics technology
- experience in clean room technology, electron lithography, scanning probe microscopy, high resolution electrical measurements, instrument programming or thin-film growth is welcome
- communication skills in English (German appreciated)
- highly motivated with team spirit
- interests in systems engineering and joined-up thinking
- Fluency in German (at least C1 level, in word and writing – required for an effective communication and for teaching in German) (nur bei Lehrverpflichtung)
- challenging and varied tasks with a high level of personal responsibility
- qualified induction training
- support from and cooperation with competent colleagues
- team-oriented cooperation in a committed, international and appreciative team
At the request of the applicant (m,f,x), the staff council may be involved in selection interviews. https://www.wpr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/
The load of teaching will be calculated according to § 3 of Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (state of North Rhine-Westphalia).
German language courses are offered by the University Language Center (ZfA) in the field of German as a Foreign Language (DaF).
At the applicant's (m/f/d) request, the position can also be taken up on a part-time basis.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of Germany’s leading research universities, addressing the whole range of academic disciplines. A highly dynamic setting enables researchers and students to work across the traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties. To create knowledge networks within and beyond the university is RUB’s declared aim.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum stands for diversity and equal opportunities. For this reason, we favour a working environment composed of heterogeneous teams, and seek to promote the careers of individuals who are underrepresented in our respective professional areas. The Ruhr-Universität Bochum expressly requests job applications from women. In areas in which they are underrepresented they will be given preference in the case of equivalent qualifications with male candidates. Applications from individuals with disabilities are most welcome.
Contact details for your application:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Hoffmann, Phone: +49234 32 27700
Dr. Ulrich Wieser, Phone: +49234 32 26515
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
For information on the collection of personal data in the application process see: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with the specification ANR: 2931 until 11/03/2024, send by e-mail to the following address: